WiredPeople is seeking a full-time SQL Data Specialist with an emphasis on lead surveillance for public health clients within the State of Florida.
- Review and streamline existing processes for collecting lead screening data, including identifying ways that the state’s reportable disease surveillance system, Merlin, can automate processing of blood lead level results.
- Evaluate historic lead screening data maintained outside Merlin and facilitate migration of that data into Merlin.
- Enroll laboratories in electronic laboratory reporting and transition health care providers who are currently providing data in non-standard electronic formats to reporting in formats compliant with reporting requirements.
- Conduct statistical analyses of lead poisoning and lead screening data to define and monitor the prevalence and geographic distribution of risk for lead poisoning and identify populations where screening rates need to be improved.
- Work with the partner programs to identify geographic areas of high risk for lead exposure and high incidence of lead poisoning, as well as ensuring data are available for the public through web tools.
- Work with the with the Office of Children’s Medical Services (CMS) Plan and Specialty Programs, responsible for Medicaid billing services in Florida, to implement efficient electronic data exchange and matching of Medicaid recipient eligibility data and blood lead testing data to ensure Medicaid-eligible children are being tested as required.
- Work with the other programs to review screening rates among refugee children and determine rates follow-up testing among refugees.
- Revise data collection screens in Merlin to ensure we are capturing appropriate risk factor data and that data entry is user-friendly.
- Review data in-depth to identify and address data quality issues, including proposing system solutions and following-up regularly with county health department users to ensure high data quality.
- Develop a quarterly lead surveillance report to be distributed to internal and external stakeholders that will include information on data quality, prevalent and incident cases and rates, screening rates, and risk factors.
Successful candidates for this position will possess a combination of experience and education within the areas of:
- Bachelor's degree in a data management, statistics, mathematics, or computer-related field.
- Experience as a SQL Data Manager, SQL Data Analyst, Biostatistician, Informatician, or other related roles with demonstrated experience in SQL.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and the ability to solve data problems in a logical fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated experience with logical thinking and problem-solving.
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.