The Senior Natural DB2 Programmer / Developer Analyst must have a strong background in data and database analysis with DB2 z/OS DBMS and be able to analyze data for irregularities and patterns. Successful candidates will quickly develop expertise in complex systems, be quality conscious and be dedicated to delivering quality products on time and on budget. Experience with COBOL is not required, but is desirable.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop new batch or online programs and modifications of existing programs including the development and modifcation of reports
- Develop ad hoc reports
- Develop complex SQL Queries in a DB2 z/OS environment to assist with data analysis and to update data based on specific business requirements.
- Eight (8) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in Natural for DB2
- Experience with z/OS JCL and TSO ISPF
- Experience working with Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts applications including the Integrated Tax System (ITS), Audit Systems, and Statewide Financial Systems.
- Six (6) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience with the development of various DB2 reporting mechanisms such as IBM’s Query Management Facility (QMF), Squirrel, Query Man, or Teradata Data SQL Assistant
- Experience creating complex SQL queries, reports, and data extracts from DB2 z/OS DBMS
- Four (4) years' experience analyzing data from various data models, databases, and tables.
- Three (3) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience with software development processes, prepare detailed documentation and generate work estimates in an Agile, RAD and other SDLC environments
- Extensive experience with highly complex security application requirements
- Experience in unit and system integration testing of developed application
- Experience writing conversion programs to transform extremely large complex data structures into other formats.
- Experience accepting assignments from a formal process such as an ITIL ticketing system
In addition to the minimum requirements above, candidates who possess the following experience are preferred:
- Four (4) years' experience creating, maintaining, and enhancing information systems written in COBOL
- Two (2) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with enterprise software solutions
- Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
- Experience with Web-enabling mainframe Natural programs
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.