The Senior ETL Data Warehouse Architect must be innovative and creative in solving complex problems. Successful candidates will have a strong background in developing comprehensive automated processes to extract data from disparate source systems, transform data as per business requirements, and load data into a data warehouse and various presentation models.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Analyze evolving sources of data, determining and implementing extraction methodologies.
- Load operational data models and data marts and re-architecting and standardizing existing ETL processes.
- Work with users and business analysts to ensure that the correct data is being sourced into the Enterprise Data Warehouse and the sourced data is in conformance with data governance guidelines.
- Develop processes and procedures in support of a large enterprise BI/DW environment.
- Work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to define strategies and implementation approaches.
- Follow software development processes, preparing detailed documentation and generating work estimates in an SDLC environment.
- Seven (7) years' experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in architecting ETL Solutions, automation, and best practices
- Expertise in source data analysis, defining data granularity, data element mapping, and data warehouse design.
- Hands-on experience with data conversion, performance tuning, and managing conceptual and physical data models.
- Extensive knowledge of/experience with data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design and ETL tools, processes and methodology
- Six (6) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience with IBM Infosphere DataStage v8.x and above
- Experience with IBM Infosphere Warehouse
- Extensive experience with languages SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience working with data bases B2 LUW & zOS, Oracle 12c, MSSQL Server, Teradata
- Knowledge and experience with both DW and BI security architecture, especially involving disparate platforms preferably Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and Active Directory (AD)
- Four (4) years' experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with metadata driven auto generated code performing full ETL life cycle
- Experience with implementing security and privacy requirements in a large enterprise environment
- Experience preparing all required artifacts accurately and in a timely fashion for the project
- Three (3) years' experience with UNIX scripting
- At least two (2) years' experience with Socrata and Datasync file management process.
- One (1) year of experience with project management methodologies both traditional and Agile/Scrum
In addition to the minimum requirements above, candidates who possess the following experience are preferred:
- Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.