The Systems Analyst concentration will be the ongoing maintenance of FOCUS and Web FOCUS applications.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Address maintenance requests for local computing applications and WEB based inquiries for cost accounting, funds authorization/reimbursement and funds approval functions. Coordinate with application owners to identify essential financial related information for complex reconciliation efforts and validation of end results.
- Serve as liaison/coordinator between external offices and agencies for the purpose of addressing maintenance requests on current computer systems interfacing with various systems. Prepare specifications in order to communicate functional requirements for these systems and address dependencies with other interfacing computer applications.
- Monitor production project costing batch job streams and troubleshoot system problems and data inconsistencies. Develop testing strategies, data scenarios and test plans to ensure program modifications are tested properly and functional requirements are addressed.
- Confer with personnel to ensure the systems are performing as required.
- Participate in efforts to define the impact on reporting and local computing applications. Produce written deliverables including, but not limited to: business process diagrams and narratives, requirements, specifications and business or technical analyses.
Qualifications and KSAs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or financial related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Skill in coding with FOCUS and Web FOCUS programs and access methods using FOCUS Masters and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to review FOCUS and Web FOCUS programs and determine and document business rules/logic addressed and database actions included
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of maintaining existing computing applications
- Knowledge of relational database theories and concepts
- Knowledge of the Florida Accounting Information Resource (FLAIR) system, including transaction type details and interfacing methods
- Knowledge of mainframe computer systems and supporting software such as Customer Information Control System (CICS), Time Sharing Option (TSO), Job Control Language (JCL) and Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF)
- Ability to work independently in the technical analysis, evaluation and resolution of custom-written computer application production issues or problems, with little or no assistance, and to make decisions and recommendations to remediate those issues or problems
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself or lower level analysts
- Skill in accurately estimating time requirements for computer programming tasks in a computer application maintenance environment
- Ability to work effectively with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Technical Architects to build efficient, viable solutions in the maintenance of business applications utilizing all established departmental standards
- Ability to analyze processes and workflows to design efficient information solutions
- Ability to prepare complex computer program specifications
- Ability to prepare computer program test plans and to create test databases and test environments
- Ability to interact and collaborate directly with customers, technical staff, and management
- Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and manage technical documentation in accordance with the established standards
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on accounting and financial computing applications and monitoring complex interfaces with external systems
- Accounting or Financial related degree
- Skill in coding and debugging applications using web based and object oriented programming languages
- Ability to translate between Mainframe based technologies to .Net
- Skill in data conversion techniques, data cleansing approaches and validating data relationships
- Knowledge of federal authorization and reimbursement computer systems, including interfacing methods
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.