The DBA team is responsible for ensuring the application and processing architectures, data dictionaries, and database schemas meet the department standards for data requirements. Successful candidates for this position will be responsible for assisting in the design, development, amendments and optimization of the schema to meet system(s) requirements. The candidate must be able to understand and demonstrate the ability to develop database and warehousing design across multiple platforms and computing environments. The candidate must also be able to work as part of a team to assist in developing an overall data architecture that supports the organization's needs and meets the organization's security standards.
- Daily operational and database administration activities
- Plan, design, implement, support for database structures
- Conduct database performance monitoring and tuning
- Develop and maintain database administration procedures and documentation
- Perform SQL Code reviews
- Assist with training/mentoring staff
- May also be required to perform other database or infrastructure activities as requested
Qualifications / KSAs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years combined experience in database administration for the following database platforms:
- SQL Server 2008R2, 2012
- Oracle 10g and above
- Experience with GIS is a plus
- Experience with DB2 for z/OS is a plus
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of relational database management systems
- Ability to work independently in the technical analysis, evaluation, and resolution of large Enterprise database production issues or problems, with little or no assistance, and to make decisions and recommendations to remediate those issues or problems
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management principles, design, and practices
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of ESRI SDE Geodatabases
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself or lower level database analysts.
- Skill in accurately estimating time requirements for database analysis and administration tasks for a project
- Skill in customer service
- Ability to work effectively with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, to build efficient, long term solutions in the development of databases utilizing all established standards
- Ability to analyze processes and workflows to design efficient database solutions
- Ability to prepare complex database specifications
- Ability to design relational databases
- Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information related to computer programming and data processing, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and manage relational databases in accordance with established standards
- Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.