The IT Business Process Consultant facilitates the optimization of business unit performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and information technology. Responsible for actively resolving day-to-day technology needs of the business unit with a focus on the analysis of processes—dissecting problems and suggesting solutions - including complex systems process analysis, design and simulation. Successful candidates understand technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment, and be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing processes.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide input and support planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities, including developing the business unit process engineering plan and integrating that plan with the corporate plan.
- Possess knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Participate in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
- Identify processes for improvement, document existing processes, identify and analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state, design new processes, develop process performance measures and plan the transition to a new process.
- Provide counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements. This requires a high level of understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes as well as industry-wide requirements.
- Demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, tactical execution, project management, process management and business systems requirements definition.
Qualifications and KSAs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Communication, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in process engineering and standards management.
- Experience maintaining Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and 2013 sites.
- Experience in the development of information technology or business rule policies and procedures is required.
- Ability to lead independent project support efforts with an enterprise perspective.
- Excellent communication skills in interacting and collaborating directly with customers.
- Ability to use office automation tools (Microsoft Office 2013, SharePoint 2010 and 2013, Email/Calendar, etc.).
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments.
- Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and manage technical documentation in accordance with set standards.
- Ability to create and maintain SharePoint sites using SharePoint 2010 and 2013 to include automation tasks and workflows, etc.
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.