WiredPeople invites applications for an Biosafety Outreach Officer opportunity in Jacksonville, FL. Successful candidates shall provide related workforce training and biosafety assessments for the Bureau of Public Health Labs - Jacksonville (BPHL) and for the sentinel hospital clinical laboratories throughout North Florida and the Florida Panhandle for the purpose of enhancing public health laboratory biosafety capacity and improving laboratory coordination and outreach between the BPHL and the sentinel hospital clinical laboratories.
- Review and revise BPHL biosafety guidelines and protocols, as assigned during the contract period, to improve laboratory biological safety practices for dealing with Ebola virus or current and emerging infectious diseases at the BPHL – Jacksonville.
- Deliver training or consultations to BPHL assigned staff in how to safely work with Ebola and other highly infectious organisms including handling/processing, inactivation and disposal.
- Deliver training or consultations to BPHL assigned staff in how to conduct risk assessments for the purpose of each BPHL section completing its own section-specific risk assessment.
- Analyze BPHL risk assessments for the purpose of developing a document containing appropriate mitigation strategies for the BPHL and sentinel hospital laboratories.
- Provide consultation, as assigned during the contract period, to assigned BPHL staff on how to implement mitigation strategies to eliminate gaps identified during the risk assessments.
- Deliver risk assessment training to sentinel hospital clinical laboratories for the purpose of each clinical laboratory conducting its own risk assessment.
- Provide consultation to sentinel hospital laboratory staff on how to implement mitigation strategies to eliminate gaps identified during the risk assessments.
- Update risk assessment training and/or guides for delivery to the sentinel hospital laboratories.
- Provide consultation, as assigned, to clinical laboratories and/or BPHL staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, or equivalent degree in a health sciences field
- Two years’ experience
- Working within a public health or clinical laboratory
- Utilizing Microsoft office programs
- Planning, organizing and coordinating work assignments
- One year experience with Biological Safety Level (BSL) -2 and BSL-3 operations
- Must pass a CDC/USDA Select Agent Program background check provided by the FBI and facilitated by the Bureau of Public Health Laboratories - Jacksonville
WiredPeople provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WiredPeople complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.